The University of Sheffield is offering Merit Scholarships to students from Africa and other Developing countries for Undergraduate studies at the University.
- A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from January onwards.
- Applicants must have applied for a study place by 14 April 2017.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is Friday 21 April 2017.
- Scholarship results will be announced Friday 26 May 2017.
Offered annually? Yes
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligible Field of Study: All
- To be eligible for the scholarships, applicants must be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the following:
- East and South Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Mauritius
- Middle East and North Africa: Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt, Sudan, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco
- South East Asia: Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- Hong Kong, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Japan, S. Korea, Norway, Turkey
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered a study place at the University of Sheffield to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must apply for a study place by Friday 14 April 2017 for entry in September 2017 to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship will not be available to applicants who have made the University of Sheffield their insurance choice.
- The scholarship application is a separate online process to applying for a course. A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from January onwards.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement. The final decision will be made by an academic panel.
- The scholarship is guaranteed in the first year of study and you can also receive this in each subsequent year of study, subject to achieving 60% or above in the previous academic year. This excludes any years in industry or study abroad periods. This applies to all undergraduate programmes except Medicine and Dentistry. Students of Medicine or Dentistry will only receive the scholarship for the non-clinical years (Medicine years 1 & 2 and Dentistry year 1)
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- You must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not be awarded where partial funding is applicable from an external body and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: 50% tuition waiver
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of programme
How to Apply: A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from January onwards. First apply for admission into any of the school’s Undergraduate programs by Friday 14th April 2017
Visit Scholarship Webpage for detailshttp://www.sheffield.ac.uk/international/enquiry/money/ugmerit
Award Provider: University of Sheffield
For information on press releases, photos, promotional events and adverts, call or send text to 08173460599 or 08094208271or send email to: email@example.com