Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture.
We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentive’s our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Manager, Governance & Control
Job ID: 545203
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos Nigeria – SCB
Full/Part Time: Full time
To ensure Trade, Cash and CSG teams in the Country operate in full compliance with all Country and Group policies as well as local regulatory requirements, through:
- Ensuring business strategies, standards and road-map abide by ITO operating principles, policies and procedures of Country and Group Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Ensuring that the execution of the units functions are fully compliant with statutory regulations, laws, guidelines and industry practices.
- Support HRnC in the overall effective and proactive management of all T&O risks, governance and control.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Pro-active Risk Management Risk Identification, Assessments, Measurements, Acceptance and Monitoring
- Ensure Day to Day Operating Controls are fully embedded, monitor and review through spot checks and providing feedback’s to Line managers.
- Conducting Health check Reviews on processes with a view to be ‘ever audit ready’ leveraging on Group Subject Matter Experts where necessary.
- Control Testing/Risk Identification determine effectiveness/ineffectiveness of defined controls and arrive at control strength matrix and on the ground residual risk.
- Control Design assess potential failure events and arrive at key controls, key control indicators, key risk indicators, control sample test parameters and determine residual risk.
- Assess Operational Risk implications of Project implementation on underlying BAU processes and related controls, and sign off to confirm suitability of any testing and compensating controls.
- Review and Sign-off new Process Note or Amendments.
- Be the main ITO liaison person to Country OR.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of a Second Class Degree from a reputable University.
- Good level of understanding of Trade and Cash management operations.
- Results driven with strategic qualities.
- Visionary leader able to engage and motivate performance in others.
- High degree of independence, responsibility and integrity.
- Strong management skills with demonstrable track record in a dynamic environment.
- Relevant managerial experience.
- Excellent communication capability good command of written English.
- Ability to work within a multi-function, multi-discipline team environment with strong influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Change agent.
- Compliance and/or Operational Risk background preferred but not a must.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
For information on press releases, photos, promotional events and adverts, call or send text to 08173460599 or 08094208271or send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org