Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture.
We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Client Manager
Job ID: 544703
Location: Victoria Island, Nigeria – SCB
Job Function: C & I Banking
Full/Part Time: Full time
- Fully understand the Financial Institution(FI) business strategy and expectations and ensure client account maintenance activities are managed in accordance with the Bank and FI strategic focus
- Provide direct support to the Senior Banker/Banker through proactive client account management of the following activities:
- Ensure the highest level of client service and risk mitigation through proactive client account management support with client on-boarding (liaising with COBAM), credit monitoring (liaising with CA COE) and flow maintenance
- Actively engage and collaborate with Clients, Senior Bankers/Bankers and Product Partners to understand and respond to any issues/concerns relating to the ongoing account maintenance including highlighting any unusual utilization patterns to coverage teams.
- Provide proactive support on account maintenance activities like documentation, reporting etc by engaging and collaborating with the client, COBAM, CA, CRC, LDU, MDU, Legal and Compliance and relevant ops teams as required to ensure the clients expectations are met or exceeded
- Escalate issues/concerns relating to account maintenance activities to the CM Team Lead for follow up as relevant
- Documentation: Credit (existing deals – Renewals/Amendments) & Other (Excluding credit approvals)
- Engagement and coordination with Legal & Compliance, Credit, CRC, CDU and Clients on standard documentation requirements such as standard terms, country supplements, banking facility letter, master credit terms, supplementary letters etc
- Obtain necessary approvals for T&C deviations on standard documentation from the relevant authoriser as necessary
- Follow through to ensure documentation completion and validate limits are correctly loaded/reflected in TP systems
- Ensure document deficiencies are minimised (as reflected in DDW etc) and are rectified in a timely manner
- Engage and follow up with COBAM if required with respect to any outstanding CDD related items e.g Update known changes, respond to case queries, CDD overdues, approval/review of CDD cases, etc.
- Account Management & Portfolio Quality (Excluding credit approvals)
- Manage flow maintenance on client portfolio as assigned.
- As a secondary qualitative measure, in the event that key client data hasn’t been accurately captured by COBAM or any other data capture owners, ensure general portfiolio hygiene of client data ie correct client tagging, limit information, segment classification etc in SCI, WorkBench.
- Annotate on past dues and excesses daily in the portfolio. i.e. Ensure excesses/past dues are regularized on time and cash/cheques are released on time. Any exceptions to be highlighted to Banker and CA.
- Act as escalation points for Unsettled (FX) Past Due Trades reports & Failed trades reports, working closely with Operations where relevant. Support Loan Drawdown, Cash Management, LTP Trades (FI), Trade Offerings & Audit Confirmations
- Manage any client related data queries and remediation efforts, including first level escalations on account maintenance activities
- Seek transactional approvals as necessary (ie trade, cash) and release trade offerings on time to ensure faster TAT on trade transactions.
- Attend ASTAR Review meetings as appropriate and participate in relevant business meetings, forums or committees as required
- Provide support on other projects as assigned
- Ensure adherence to all internal/regulatory policies & regulations eg. Policies and procedures in RiskPod (FATCA, Credit, BCA overdue, etc)
- Identify and escalate any operational risks relating to the client portfolio account management and escalate to the CM Team Lead
- Co-ordinate with Ops/GSSC to rectify any ops related issues which can be resolved locally and issue Standard Instruction Forms (SIFs) wherever required within authority
- Ensure data quality of all AML and Credit documents/files meets CIB standards to facilitate Banker decisions on risk acceptance
- Escalate any identified Operational Risk issues to the CM Team Lead (or BORM in the absence of the CM Team Lead)
- Be proactive in ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures and lead preparation of client files for audit purposes
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct:
- (This is mandatory standard wording, please tailor wording in brackets, and do not remove).
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Help drive the FI Nigeria business to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adhere to local regulator, [CBN] prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in CIB.Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Banking or Finance preferred with a minimum of a second class degree.
- Experience in banking or other relevant environment
- Risk & AML certified as stipulated by Bank policy
- Languages: English and/or local language skills as relevant to country requirements.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
For information on press releases, photos, promotional events and adverts, call or send text to 08173460599 or 08094208271or send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org