The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: International Public Finance & Children Consultant
Job Number: 503309
Work Type: Consultancy
Purpose of the Assignment
- Purpose of the Consultancy: to assess public investment in children and their families in Kaduna State.
- Develop a system at state and MDA level to track resources invested in children by calculating the share of these expenditures in the State budget.
- Advise and support MDAs and secretariat to track and analyze budgets and expenditures
- Support the secretariat to build their capacity and prepare a report for executive council submission
- Describe the quality and efficiency of social expenditures benefiting families and children exploring the balance between capital, recurrent, wage, and non-wage expenditures as well as the type of program being financed in each sector.
- Compare the level and trends of expenditures affecting children with existing estimates of required investments with the costed State Development Plan.
- Full time technical assistance to support the work of the Inter-Ministerial Committee.
- Technical training provided to desk officers at relevant state ministries, departments and agencies in Kaduna.
- Designing and preparation of the quarterly reporting template for the Inter-Ministerial Committee.
- Identifying budget lines for investment in the four groups (Children, Women, Elderly, and persons living with disabilities) and strengthening capacity for the analysis of efficiency equity, and impact of investment in the 4 groups.
- A detailed end of consultancy report outlining activities carried out, achievements and recommendations
- A well-designed quarterly reporting template.
- Identified budget lines for investment in children, women, elderly and those living with disabilities in Kaduna State
- A detailed report on Kaduna state describing next steps and providing guidance to the inter-ministerial committee
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- The international consultant should have at least 10 years of working experience, and an advanced degree (at least MA/MSc) in Economics, Public Policy, Development Studies, Public Finance, or similar disciplines. Publications in peer reviewed journals is also required.
Application Closing Date
17th March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
For information on press releases, photos, promotional events and adverts, call or send text to 08173460599 or 08094208271or send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org