MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cloud Applications Specialist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting Line: Cloud Solutions Manager
- The Cloud Applications Specialist will be responsible for the design and development of distributed software modules that integrate with and support the cloud service offering.
The specific responsibilities shall include :
- Working with the Cloud Services team to ensure that cloud development and implementation projects are delivered on time, within scope and according to defined quality specifications.
- Complying with internal processes and procedures to ensure customer satisfaction and service level objectives (SLO) are met.
- Design and development of cloud ready applications and hybrid cloud strategies for existing customers that leverage the public cloud e.g Azure
Communications and Work Relationships:
- The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the:
- Technical team (IP ,Operations Support, Technical Sales)
- Information Technology (IT) team
- Service Delivery team
- Sales team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Management or related engineering field is preferred
- ITIL, Prince2/PMP certifications are strongly desired.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a virtualization environment.
- Experience with Microsoft public, hybrid and private cloud will be an added advantage
- Minimum 4 years’ experience – architecture and deploying of Web Services on SOA platform
- Expert user of Shell, VBScript, PHP, Python, Java
- Experienced with software development methodologies
- Track record of successful project delivery.
- Must have Windows/Linux/Unix skills.
- Four years or more of IT Service Management, data centre, server, and storage management, virtualization, networking, systems management, and project management are recommended.
- Strong Cloud experience skills (AWS or Azure)
- Good understanding of Windows Server and Active directory.
- Powershell scripting experience will be an added advantage.
- Certifications in Linux, Hyper-V, Windows Server, Microsoft System Centre, VMware, Storage, and other Cloud Technologies considered a plus for this position.
- Excellent customer engagement skills
- Innovation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Demands of the Job:
- Ability to work long hours and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, click on “Cloud Applications Specialist”
For information on press releases, photos, promotional events and adverts, call or send text to 08173460599 or 08094208271or send email to: email@example.com