Save the Children invests in childhood – every day, in times of crisis and for our future. We are dedicated to ensuring every child has the best chance for success. Our pioneering programs give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. Our advocacy efforts provide a voice for children who cannot speak for themselves. As the leading expert on children, we inspire and achieve lasting impact for millions of the world’s most vulnerable girls and boys. By transforming children’s lives now, we change the course of their future and ours.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party – Rural Resilience
- Save the Children is recruiting an experienced Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID-funded Rural Resilience program aimed at increasing the resiliency of vulnerable households in Nigeria, particularly those impacted by climate change.
- The COP will work with Save the Children’s existing country office, but will be solely responsible for the overall management of this USAID award.
- S/he will provide strategic and operational leadership to develop and implement a successful and integrated multi-sectoral program that builds upon existing USAID and Government of Nigeria investment and that will achieve sustainable outcomes.
- All posts are contingent on the issuance of USAID funding and the selection of applicants is subject to USAID approval.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Impact
- The COP will be the primary relationship manager for USAID/Nigeria, Government of Nigeria representatives, Save the Children’s Headquarters and Country Offices, as well as partner organizations and external stakeholders.
- The COP will be the principal representative of the program and will ensure adherence to overall technical and programmatic quality in implementation, compliance with USAID rules and regulations, and the timely submission of all deliverables to USAID, including annual work plans, performance monitoring plans, semi-annual reports and annual reports as may be required.
- The COP will be responsible for the overall direction and coordination of the activities of any sub-recipient partners under this grant.
- This key position will require travel across the country to program areas. Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the program’s strategic, financial, and operational planning, including the annual work planning process and development of an appropriate exit strategy.
- Establish and guide overall technical direction of the program.
- Act as principal representative and liaison to all external stakeholders, including but not limited to USAID/Nigeria and the Government of Nigeria.
- Oversee the timely submission of all deliverables to USAID.
- Provide oversight and coordination with international and national sub-recipient partners.
- Supervise key program staff, both technical and managerial, and oversee the hiring process of all local personnel.
- Serve as primary liaison with Save the Children partners and any local sub-grantees.
- Provide overall coordination of the institutional/organizational and technical capacity building of local partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure that efficient systems to support all aspects of the program including sub-grant management, financial, capacity building and performance monitoring and reporting are in place and support the effective use of program resources in compliance with USAID regulations and Save the Children policies.
Required Background, Experience, Skills and Behaviors
- Masters Degree in International Development, Micro-Enterprise Development, Management, Agriculture, Economics or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of prior experience managing USAID-funded assistance programs of a similar size and scope in developing countries
- Experience managing multi-sectoral programs including livelihoods, Agricultural Development, resilience, market-based approaches to economic development, climate change, food security, field-based experience managing large and complex overseas, multi-partner development programs, especially in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- At least five years of experience managing large scale USAID funded program(s) at a senior level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and familiarity with USAID policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Experience in managing large agriculture-based and rural development programs for an international NGO.
- Demonstrated skills in strategic and program planning and understanding of resiliency and livelihoods interventions.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and supervision of staff and teams.
- Extensive experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa; specific work experience in Nigeria or the region is desirable.
- Proven experience building capacity of local NGOs and government bodies.
- Proven ability in building relationships and collaborating closely with host governments, donors, other donor-funded programs and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English required.
Application Closing Date
21st March, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
For information on press releases, photos, promotional events and adverts, call or send text to 08173460599 or 08094208271or send email to: email@example.com