APGA’s Obiano Wins Anambra Governorship Election

By Chibuike Nwabuko

Abuja (Sundiata Post) – Incumbent Governor and the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) candidate, Chief Willie Obiano has won the Anambra governorship election that took place on Saturday 18th November 2019.

Obiano scored a total of 234, 071 votes, representing 55.42 percent of valid votes cast to cruise away with victory in the election that lasted till the evening of Sunday.

The All Progressives Congress (APC)  candidate, Tony Nwoye  came second with a total vote of 98, 752 votes representing 23.38 percent of the valid vote cast while the People’s Democratic Party’s Oseloka Obaze recorded a total of 70, 293, representing 16.64 to come third in the election contested by 36 candidates.

These three major candidates of APGA, APC and PDP got a total 95.44 percent of the total valid votes, leaving the the remaining 4.56 percent of valid votes for the other 34 candidates.

The Chief Returning Officer for the Anambra governorship election, Professor Zanna Akpagu announced the result of the election at 7.44 pm on Sunday.

National Chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, (APGA), Mr Victor Oye expressed joy over the victory of his party and Governor Willie Obiano in the keenly contested governorship election.

The National Chairman, who informed newsmen that Governor Obiano is God sent for Anambrarians, informed that no governor will be like Governor Obiano in the next one hundred years to come.

Oye who reminded that he earlier predicted that APGA would win election in eight states, said the victory recorded in Anambra today is the starting point and come 2019, the remaining seven would be actualized, he said.

Also, the APGA National Youth Leader, Chuks Nwoga, has described the election as being free and fair.

“People came out to vote even with this IPOB threats, there was no case of low turnout of voters, the election was ok. You don’t expect 100 per cent to come out but the turnout was impressive”, Mr. Nwoga said.

According to him, “Despite the threat by the Indigenous People of Biafra, (IPOB), to boycott the election was peaceful”.

Sundiata Post recalls that he Anambra election witnessed few cases of violence and in some places, electoral materials and INEC official turned up late.

However, Chief Obiano has dedicated his victory at the governorship election to the people of Anambra state. Obiano who said that the victory does not belong to him, said it belongs to the farmers, commercial motorcycle riders and wheelbarrow pushers who now believed that agriculture is the future of the country.

The governor disclosed this in his acceptance speech shortly after he was declared winner of the election.

Underlisted is the result as polled by the various political parties as announces by the Chief Returning Officer for the Anambra governorship election, Professor Zanna Akpagu :

AA 66

AGAP 1036

ACD 232

ACPN 346

ADC 477

APP 603

APC 98,752

APDA 2011

APGA 234071

APP 661

PNPP 70

DA 97

DPC145

GPN 41

HDP 31

ID 37

KOWA 49

LP 963

NNN 79

MPPP 39

NCP 74

Ndl 33

ANPP 84

Nnpp 68

NPC 136

NUP 69

PDC 381

PDP 70293

PPA 2787

PPN 66

PP 87

PRP 59

SDP 20

UDP 222

UPP 7903

YDP 72

YPP 65

422,314 valid

Total votes cast 448,771.

 

 

MTN News Alert
DMON
To receive our mobile newspaper on MTN delivered on your phone, text SAWD to 4900 at N50 per week or SAMD to 4900 at N150 per month.
For information on press releases, photos, promotional events and adverts, call or send text to 08173460599 or 08094208271or send email to: info@sundiatapost.com

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

Sundiata Post Media Ltd.

Address: 3rd Floor Office Suite, Bayelsa State Guest House, Plot 1038, Shehu Shagari Way, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria.
Tel: +234(0)92900705, +234(0)8173460599
Whatsapp: +234(0)8053069436
BBM PIN: 5619150D
Email: info@sundiatapost.com
Website: www.sundiatapost.com

Enugu Regional Office: SW 1 New Haven Shopping Mall, Enugu, Enugu State, Nigeria.
Tel: +234(0)7062582838
https://twitter.com/sundiatapost/

London Office: 18 Belgrave Avenue, Wd18 7UE, Watford, United Kingdom.
Tel: +447417554143
Dubai Office: PAU Management Suite, Level 23 - Boulevard Plaza Tower 2, Emaar Boulevard,
P. O. Box 124342, Dubai, UAE.
Tel: +971 4 4096849 | Fax: +971 4 409 6850
About Us

SundiataPost is published by Sundiata Post Media Limited, Sundiata Post is Nigeria’s most authoritative online newspaper and ranks among the top five online news platforms in Nigeria.

Guild of Corporate online publishers
ACCREDITED MEMBER
A Glance at Our Advert Rate.

Inside Pages

Size In Pixels - Amount

120×180 - N27,967.50

300×100 - N24,695

Text Link - N11,275

More Details info

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advert Rate