AFGHANISTAN- At least 200 people fell sick due to food poisoning in east Afghanistan’s Khost province, an official said on Monday.
The incident occurred in Satkai village of Zazai Maidan district on Sunday evening when the villagers attended a charity meal.
All the victims have been taken to nearby hospitals and clinics, said provincial police spokesman Mustaghfar Garbaz.
Without providing more details, the official added that further investigations were underway.
In the meantime, one of the villagers, Tahir Azimi claimed that around 400 people became sick after taking the meal. (Xinhua/NAN)