2,400 displaced in Sanga attacks – LG Chairman

Whatapp News

KAFANCHAN – Mr Emmanuel Adamu, Chairman of Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State, said 2,400 people had been displaced following the recent attacks in the area by gunmen.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that over 110 persons were killed on June 23, in Antang and Kabamu villages during the attacks.

Adamu told NAN in Kafanchan on Monday that some of the displaced persons from villages near Fadan Karshi were camped at the residence of the District Head.

“Those from villages near Gwantu are taking refuge at the Gwantu Divisional Police headquarters’’, he added.

The chairman said the council was making arrangements to take the affected persons to a central location to allow for easy coordination.

Related news  Lalong to visit orphanage homes ahead of May 29 inauguration

He identified Kabamu, Dogon Daji, Kobin and Ankpong as the worst affected villages.

Adamu called on government agencies, individuals and organisations to assist the victims with relief materials to cushion the effects of the attacks. (NAN)

Whatapp News