Applications are ongoing for the 2015-2016 PhD Scholarships in Statistics and Mathematical Finance, Italy. The University of Milan-Bicocca is offering PhD scholarships in Statistics and Mathematical Finance for Italian and non-Italian candidates. Scholarships are awarded on merit based. For the academic year 2015-16 the PhD program is expected to admit 6 students with scholarship.
A student on a scholarship will receive for the three-year period approximately €1300,00 net per month. S/he is expected to pay a contribution to tuition fees of around €400,00 per year. If a student is granted permission to complete her/his PhD abroad, the scholarship is increased by 50%.
- • For candidates holding, or expected to obtain before September 2015, an Italian Laurea Magistrale or Laurea Specialistica, the selection is based on the curriculum vitae, a written test and an interview.
• For candidates holding, or expected to obtain before September 2015, a non-Italian Master of Arts/Sciences (or equivalent) degree, the selection is based on the curriculum vitae, two reference letters written by scholars in the appropriate field (Statistics or Mathematics for Finance), and a long distance interview (conference call) with the candidate.
• English fluency is required to attend the programme, and will be assessed during the interview.
Application Procedure and Deadline
Applications should be sent by email. The email message should state the curriculum (track) the candidate is applying for (Statistics or Mathematics for Finance, or both with a ranking of the two curricula), and the following attachments (pdf files):
- • 1. Motivation statement (1 page);
- • 2. Curriculum vitae,
- • 3. Two reference letters written by scholars in the appropriate field (Statistics or Mathematics for Finance).
Please include all attachments in a single zip archive. The application deadline is June 15, 2015.
Official Scholarship Website – http://www.dismeq.unimib.it/Default.asp?idPagine=663&funzione=&lingua=ING