LAGOS – The Saudi Minister of Hajj Affairs, Dr Bandar bin Hajai, said on Friday that Nigeria would maintain her 76,000 quota in the forthcoming Hajj.
Bandar disclosed this in a statement issued after a joint meeting between him and the Nigerian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Amb. Aminu Wali, in preparation for this year’s Hajj.
The statement explained that the ministry’s decision to allot 76,000 slots to Nigeria was as a result of the ongoing renovation work at the holy sites in Makah and Madinah.
You may also like:
It, however, quoted the minister as saying that Nigeria could request for more slots, for consideration by the Saudi government.
The statement said both ministers had admitted that last year’s Hajj was successful and that this year’s would be better.
It also said that the two ministers pledged to work closely in ensuring that the pilgrims performed their religious rites in comfort and safety.
The statement added that Wali expressed his gratitude and that of Nigerians to the custodian of the two Holy mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz, for always ensuring that pilgrims performed their religious obligations safely. (NAN)