The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Invoice/Procurement Assistant
Job ID: (02/17 ABJ)
Grade: A1 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 6 month
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: Procurement
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create purchase orders
- Processing of invoices and record keeping
- Maintain Inventory
- Procurement administration duties
- Making travelling arrangements
- Any other ad-hoc duties
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- knowledge of Procurement processes
- Making Effective Decisions
- Collaborating and Partnering
- Delivering Value for Money
- Managing a Quality Service
Starting Monthly Salary
- N 263, 239
Application Closing Date
9th March, 2017.
1st April 2017
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please complete the application form in full. Failure to do so may result in a determination that you do not meet the requirements for the position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Country will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.