Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, a Recreational Facility and Service Company, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GM Operations Manager
Job Reference: 1225
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Our client operates within the hospitality sector in Nigeria.
- Provide quality leadership and oversee the execution of Centre’s goals, strategies, and day-to-day operational plans; ensuring the business achieves its objectives and delivers on its promise to all stakeholders.
- As a GM level role, he will have responsibility for P&L and the overall success of the business.
- The GM Operations Manager will supervise the Sales Manager, Financial controller, building service manager, and IT Manager.
- Participate in and contribute to the goal setting and strategy articulation process for the business, by providing specific insights, trends, and ideas that will drive business growth and profitability.
- Cascade the goals and strategies for the business into day-to-day operational plans and provide directions and guidelines to each team/unit responsible for executing the plans.
- Develop and implement performance management systems designed to proactively and consistently measure and monitor business performance indices whilst ensuring appropriate actions are taken to guarantee, improve and sustain desired performance thresholds.
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance to Company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), policies and budgets ensuring the achievement of operational excellence.
- Drive initiatives amongst the management team and contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the sales budget.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organization’s mission – specifically; support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Periodically review market analysis to determine client needs, occupancy potential, desired rates, etc. and make appropriate recommendations on product/service packages that can be tailored to meet those needs.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing team to develop and implement strategies to improve market penetration and build brand awareness.
- Monitor productivity and revenue goals for each sales person by tracking and measuring results against set targets.
- Implement all guest satisfaction and guest service programs, monitor guest satisfaction report and initiate corrective actions as necessary.
- Participate in the recruitment and development of employees with the right potential, attitude, eagerness and qualification to support Company brand Values.
- Enhance Company community image and keep abreast of competition, new development, improved sales methods and techniques.
- Oversee the coordination of facility booking and ensure all booking issues including space conflicts, possible cancellations, and compromises between guest needs and facilities are resolved speedily and logically.
- Ensure all complaints from guests are dealt with properly and personally, in accordance with the Company brand guidelines.
- Set team objectives, delegate responsibilities and monitor for compliance with standards of performance.
- Ensure all employees receive the necessary training, both in professional competence and in service attitude.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the facility and maintenance of all equipment in the premises at all times in accordance with Company service policy.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Work closely with the Human Resources Manager to execute: performance appraisals, employee coaching and counseling, discipline and grievance, employee relations, wage and salary administration, compensation and benefits, etc.
- Ensure full compliance with all regulatory requirements relating to hygiene, fire, health and safety as indicated by the relevant authorities as well as the Company’s Health, Safety, Environment Policy.
- Ensure all relevant documentation are kept up-to-date and secure.
- Prepare periodic activity report as required
- A first degree in any relevant discipline preferably Business Administration.
- 8 to 10 Years post graduate experience
- At least 3-5 years experience with a sports/ recreational facility or any related business with responsibility for Profit & Loss
- Knowledge of trends and developments in the Sports Gaming & Hospitality Business
- Hands General Management Knowledge
- Business Development
- Negotiation skills
- Relationship management and communication skills
- Coaching and Mentoring Skills
- Very good customer service and people management skills
- Good crisis/conflict management skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online