The University of Lagos was founded in 1962 to provide manpower needs for the newly independent Nigerian Nation. It is a city University located in the commercial city of Lagos. Over the years the University has grown to be the Nations pride and the University of 1st Choice, with about 48,000 students and 4,000 members of staff.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Director, Work & Physical Planning
- The Director of Works & Physical Planning as a senior management officer of the University is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day Physical/Infrastructural Facilities Planning, Development and management of the University.
- He/she is responsible for the coordination and supervision of physical development of projects, ensuring quality standards and maintenance of structures in the University.
- Furthermore, the candidate must be in good health, be ICT compliant and must not be older than sixty (60) years at assumption of duty.
- For the vacant post, the University seeks candidates with the vision, proven academic distinction, managerial ability with requisite professional skill and competence.
- The candidates must be receptive to new ideas and willing to translate them into new projects in line with the Master Plan for Physical development of the University.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidate must possess a B.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering or any other relevant degree from a recognized Institution with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division plus NYSC Discharge Certificate or Evidence of Exemption. SSCE/NECO/WASC/GCE O/L credit in 5 subjects including Mathematics and English Language is compulsory.
- The possession of Masters Degree is compulsory, Ph.D will be an added advantage.
- The candidate must possess professionally recognized certificate with current practicing license as well as not less than twenty (20) years post qualification
- Engineering experience. In addition, the candidates must have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience in a senior management position preferably in a University or a comparable institution.
- Candidate must be registered with Council for the Regulation of Engineering (COREN) or Architecture Regulation Council of Nigeria (ARCON) or Quantity Surveying Regulation Board of Nigeria (QSRBN) or Council of Registered Builders of Nigeria (CORBON), and must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant packages.
- The successful candidate shall hold office for a period of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment but renewable for another term of three (3) years subject to satisfactory performance as may be determined by appropriate University laws and the Governing Council of the University of Lagos.
- The candidate should also state in clear terms of not more than 500 words vision statement for the University in the next five years with particular reference to Physical/Infrastructural development and management.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of a Director, Works & Physical Planning of all Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria/University of Lagos Governing Council as appropriate.
Application Closing Date
27th March, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications( including names and addresses of three referees) with 20 copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) providing information on the following:
- Full Names
- Place and date of birth
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- Permanent home address
- Degrees (including dates /class and institutions) and/or other qualifications and distinctions
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present posts
- List of publications, patents, designs etc.
- Other activities outside current employment
- Proposed date of availability for duties if appointed.
Candidates should: Click Here to complete the online application and print out. The printed online application form along with the hard copies of the application are to be submitted under confidential cover with envelope marked “Post of Director, Work & Physical Planning, Unilag” addressed to:
The Register and Secretary to Council,
5th Floor Senate House,
University of Lagos,
In addition to stating the names and addresses of three referees, applicants should request the referees to forward references on their behalf directly to the above stated addresses.