By Goddess Matula
- I wish I’d learned long ago that, once old age robs me of my “beauty,” I’ll abruptly become a nobody to 99% of the guys who now treat me like a “goddess.”
- In a dog-eat-dog world, if you make yourself a lamb—the wolves will eat you!
- Not until recently did I learn people only offer help to people who don’t need help! Hence “the rich get richer” & banks only give loans when you can prove you don’t need one.
- How much anxiety could I have spared myself of had I known: Sometimes the price of money costs too damn much!
- How much time I could’ve saved had I listened to my mother when she said: “If they called Jesus a ‘false prophet’ . . . called Buddha a ‘hypocrite’ . . . & called Einstein “crazy” . . . Sweetie, what makes you think they won’t call you names, too?”
- I wish I’d learned earlier that unless I embrace the motto “Success is the ONLY option,” I’ll never realize my full potential.
- Not until I became an adult did I realize—better a painful truth than a comforting lie.
- I wish I’d learned earlier that most folks worship money. No wonder, then, most people look up to the rich man like a god yet look down on the poor man like a roach!
- Not until I came of age did I realize: humans only tune in to the radio station called W.I.I.F.M.—aka What’s In It For Me
- I wish I’d learned long ago there’s only 2 types of people. One sees difficulty behind every opportunity; the other sees opportunity behind every difficulty.
- Not until I became a grown woman did I understand what Churchill meant by: “A lie gets half way around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.”
- It took years for me to learn: I might as well live my truth, because people are going to criticize me anyway.
- wish I’d always known the best things in life are not only free but—get this—they’re not even “things.” After all, I’ve yet to see Love’s face, I’ve yet to sniff Peace and no telling if I’ll ever touch Happiness!
- I wish I knew long ago nobody literally wants you to tell them the truth. Rather, we all want you to reaffirm our beliefs.
- I wasted so much time trying to please others. And so, now, whenever someone criticizes me with, “Goddess you’ve changed.” I always think: “Damn, as though you’ve been working hard to stay the same!”
- I wish I knew long ago If you’re too successful, your own friends will succumb to jealousy and envy.
- It took far too long for me to realize whether you worship God . . . worship Money . . . worship Lovers . . . in this life—we all worship something, dahling!
- Though I have no tattoos, had I gotten one it would read: “Think you’re escaping and run into yourself.”
- I wish I always spoke the truth, even when my voice shook . . . and kept it real, even when my hands trembled.
- Most of all, at times I feel I learned too late: I might as well be myself, because everyone else is already taken.
GOD BLESS & never forget: “It is better to learn late than never.”