3 dead in Ogun gas explosion




Whatsapp News

An infant and two other persons yesterday died in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital, when a gas component of a faulty refrigerator exploded.

blast resulted in a fire which burnt the three persons to death.

A technician was repairing fridge when the accident occurred, was learnt.

three got burnt after they were trapped and unable to escape after the gas cylinder exploded.


“In process of topping up gas into the refrigerator, there was an attraction of fire from someone cooking and there came an explosion,” a source said.

The of Fire Service, Ogun State, Fatai Adefala, who confirmed incident to newsmen, said his men responded to the emergency and put fire.

Source