31 per cent of work on Akure-Ilesha road executed — Minister




Whatsapp News

AKURE – The Minister of State for Works, Prince Adedayo Adeyeye said  in Akure on that 31 per cent of work on the 66km  Akure-Ilesha road had been executed.

Adeyeye told newsmen during a tour of the project site that work on the -sponsored N7.1 billion project was going on according to schedule and that the job had surpassed the anticipated 28 per cent by the end of July.
“I to commend the consultants. I want to commend the staff of Federal Ministry of Works who are supervising this road.

“The contractor has made appreciable progress, as at July 31 they were expected to have done 28.9 per cent of the work but today they have accomplished 31.1 per cent. [eap_ad_1] “This means that they are quite ahead of schedule and given that case, we are quite confident that by August 2015 the contractor would have completed the project,” he said.

The minister said that the road was being built as a single carriageway because of the paucity of funds but gave an assurance that the road would be made a dual carriageway when funds were available.

“ I agree with them; of course, if the finances were available, virtually all roads in Nigeria will be dualised, this road is actually very important.

“I believe that in future this road will be dualised but at least let us have a motorable road,  road that will not give commuters problems.

“I believe the Federal Government is doing enormous work. Since the inception of this administration we have done more roads previous administrations put together,” he said.

Some motorists had commended the Federal Government over the project but added that it should have been made a dual carriageway. (NAN)

[eap_ad_4]