783, 136 primary pupils to benefit from NHIS in Bauchi, says official

Spread the love

BAUCHI – No fewer than 783, 136 public primary school pupils are to benefit from the services of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) in Bauchi State, an official has said.

Whatapp NewsTelegram News

The coordinator of the scheme in the state, Alhaji Sani Affa, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Bauchi on Tuesday.

Affa said that the pupils, drawn from the 20 local government areas of the state, would be enrolled into the scheme in collaboration with the state Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB).

According to him, the pupils will be drawn from 22, 526 public primary schools across the state.

He said that each pupil would be enrolled on a premium of N220 per month, adding that under the arrangement, NHIS would pay N88, representing 40 per cent of the amount per child per month.

Affa said that state government, through SUBEB, would pay the remaining N132, representing 60 per cent of the amount per pupil.

“We have arrangement with the state’s Universal Basic Education Board across the country, where NHIS agrees to pay 40 per cent of the capitation per month per child in the public primary schools and then SUBEB pays the remaining 60 per cent from the state government’s budget.

“We have engaged the state government in that respect and the state has agreed to make provision for the counterpart fund.

“It is going to be at a premium of N220 per child, per month, N88 would be paid by NHIS being 40 per cent, while N132 being 60 per cent would be paid by the state government on each child.
[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”70560″]

“And the essence of the programme is to relief parents of this financial burden because health has been a very challenging issue to all Nigerians.’’

(NAN)
you may also like:

Customs boss praises maritime reporters


Spread the love