PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC), is recruiting on behalf of its client in the Energy sector for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Reference Number: 130-PEO00742
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide useful insights for decisions regarding financial information and execution.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Summarise current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- Minimum of a first degree in Accounting or Finance and MBA or Masters in a related discipline
- Minimum 5 years work experience in Accounting in the Oil & Gas Sector
- Relevant accounting certification –ACCA, ICAN, CFA
- In-depth knowledge of relevant Accounting Standards and related regulations.
Application Closing Date
5th September, 2017
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online