To achieve their objectives, the AIG will fund scholarships and Fellowships for outstanding Nigerians and Ghanaians to undertake intensive post-graduate world-class training in governance and public policy at the The Blavatnik School of Government at the University of Oxford.
Application Deadline: 10th April 2017
Eligible Countries: Nigeria and Ghana
To be taken at (country): University of Oxford, UK
About the Awards: The AIG Fellowship is open to Nigerian and Ghanaian nationals who are outstanding senior practitioners in the public sector and who have achieved significant impact on policy issues through their direct work. The Fellowship is available for a period of study, reflection and engagement with scholars and students at the Blavatnik School of Government (BSG) at the University of Oxford, and the Fellow will receive an allowance towards travel costs and living expenses.
Eligibility and Criteria: To be considered, applicants must demonstrate evidence of:
– outstanding contributions to the development and implementation of a policy that has yielded a demonstrable impact on the public good
– commitment to public service in their country, region, and globally.
The AIG Fellow will also be expected to develop case studies and/or policy briefings or op/eds on an area of expertise. The Fellow would also be expected to share expertise on policy implementation, for example by speaking at a masterclass or workshop.
Number of Awardees: 1 Fellow
Value of Awards: The Fellowship will be awarded by the Blavatnik School of Government AIG Fellowship Panel, a specially-convened group made up of senior academics and policy advisors. The successful candidate will be responsible for making their visa and travel arrangements to the UK. Accommodation, visa costs and standard class return flights are covered by the AIG Fellowship funding, as well as reimbursement of reasonable living expenses in line with university guidelines and visa regulations. Funding of family members is not included.
Duration of Fellowship: 6 months
How to Apply: Please send your application to [email protected] titled “AIG Fellowship” by 12 noon (UK Time) on Monday 10 April 2017. Your application should include:
- a curriculum vitae (CV) or resume;
- written attestations from two referees to support your application; and
- a covering letter setting out how you meet the criteria, your proposed area of study and reflection, how you would propose to engage in that area at the Blavatnik School, and indicative dates for your visit if successful.
Visit Awards Webpage for details
Award Provider: Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG)