APC dismisses alleged plan to field Jonathan in 2023




Whatsapp News

All Progressives has denied speculations that it was wooing former Goodluck Jonathan to contest 2023 Election its .

There were media reporters last week that a group of Northern Governors were working towards making Jonatan contest elections to serve a single term of four years after which will return to the north.

Yobe State Governor, Mai Mala Buni, who is also the Interim National Chairman of the , denied the an interview with the Hausa of the British Broadcasting Corporation monitored Wednesday.

He said, “Those peddling such information are afraid. But for now, there is nothing the that has anything to do with the aspiration for 2023.

“Even if someone wants to base his assumption our recent visit to him during his birthday, we were there to pay respects to him his capacity as a former of Nigeria.

“Again, even if there is nothing, when we are talking of peaceful coexistence, we give credit to former Jonathan on the issue of peace. How he accepted defeat in 2015 and resigned to fate. That has qualified him to be a statesman and he is now among our fathers.”

The chairman said it was customary for politicians to visit another and exchange pleasantries.

“Our visit to Jonathan was pronounced because of his status as a former president. That could be why some may think there was something beneath.

“There are numerous such visits to leaders of , APC. Why are not being mentioned but Jonathan?”