MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Architect, ICT & Digital Services
Division: Information Systems
Core purpose of the Job
- Architectural lead for ICT & Digital Solutions & Platforms architecture across the value chain.
- Drives the solutioning of blueprints and roadmaps for ICT & Digital based platforms e.g. Cloud, Video, IOT etc.
- Carry out research to determine the structure (architecture) of proposed systems and provide insight into new and enhanced technologies to increase efficiency and reduce costs for MTNN.
- Develop the long term ICT & Digital Solutions strategic plans and implement them.
- Develop standards and guidelines for technical designing based on various business goals.
- Undertake the development, maintenance, and governance of the ICT & Digital Solutions architecture.
- Recommend necessary changes in the existing ICT & Digital application and work for its efficient functioning, revenue generation, and cost savings.
- Ensure that ICT & Digital services implementations are completed according to the architecture roadmap.
- Define enterprise level systems architecture and direct the design and approach to deployment.
- Design scalable applications architecture based on trend analysis of current usage and forecast and benchmark application capabilities based on projected growth.
- Create, maintain, disseminate & validate application development guidelines & standards for all artifacts will facilitate the oversight standardization and future direction of all application development.
- Design the architectural landscape to accomplish cross system objectives and advantageous trade-offs across the ecosystem
- Ensure the alignment of Enterprise Architecture with the business strategy throughout the cycle of innovation, planning and delivery for ICT & Digital Solutions
- Chart roadmap of Technology Infrastructure, Evolution, Emerging Technologies & trends.
- Evaluate developments in architecture in the local and international business environment and recommend value adding improvements to MTNN’s application architecture roadmaps.
- Develop a high level view of current and future state business and solution architecture for ICT & Digital Systems that is well connected with business strategy.
- Develop and demonstrate subject matter expertise in various areas such as ICT & Digital, Cloud Computing, and Systems Integration.
- Actively engage Business to help guide development of ICT & Digital systems solutions that are strategically aligned to the overall architecture vision.
- Engage with other functional units and actively participate in IS projects.
- Work with other team members to develop a comprehensive view of all aspects of ICT & Digital system architecture.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions.
- A first Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems or related field from a reputable institution.
- Master’s degree in related field will be an added advantage.
- TOGAF certified for at least 12- 18 months
Minimum of Six (6) years’ work experience of which:
- 5years Enterprise Architecture (Business, Data, Applications, Technology) experience
- 4 years’ experience integrating applications and technology in a complex environment.
- Good working knowledge of EA frameworks, NGOSS
- Practicable Telco 2.0 experience
- API & Digital platform experience.
- Business Process re- engineering and management experience.
- In-depth proven experience in Architecture governance, Business Capability & Value Chain Analysis, Transition Architecture & Roadmaps
- In depth proven experience in digital (IOT, CLOUD, SMAC) and how they drive the digital agenda.
- Emerging Enterprise Architectures
- Telco 2.0
- Enterprise 2.0
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Application Closing Date
6th July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Multiple applications are not allowed.