The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one island) with a population of about 300million and an annual economic growth rate of around 6%. The ECOWAS Commission is one of the eight Regional Economic Communities supporting the African Union to coordinate the implementation of continental and regional integration and development programmes in the West African region.
We are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bilingual Communication Assistant
Institution: ECOWAS Parliament
Directorate: Directorate of Administration & Finance
Grade/Step : G4-1
Duration: One Year Contract
Supervisor: Principal Communication Officer
Objective of Position
- To assist the Chief Communication Officer in the effective dissemination of information on the Parliament to all the peoples of the Community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Chief Communication Officer, the Bilingual Communication Assistant performs the following functions:
- Assists in producing publications on the activities of the Parliament in more than one language.
- Assists in maintaining relations with the media in Member States and using these to propagate the activities of the Parliament.
- Assists in publicising the work of the Parliament on the website in more than one language.
- Makes an input into the design and production of publicity and gift items for the Parliament.
- Assists in managing the image of the Parliament through effective Public Relations.
- Assists in organising press coverage/interviews in more than one language for events of the Parliament.
- A minimum of an A Level or an Ordinary National Diploma in Mass Communication, Journalism or related field.
- Five (5) years working experience.
- Only citizens of ecowas Member States are eligible for appointment in ecowas Institutions and Agencies. General Service positions are open to only candidates resident in the host country of the Institution.
- In the case of permanent positions, only candidates whose age is less than fifty (50) years at the time of appointment are eligible for consideration.
The position is on Grade G4-1 with an Annual Salary of UA9,894, equivalent to US$15,611.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2017.