Catholic Church not involved in Anglican Centre demolition in Anambra – Director




Whatsapp News

Catholic Archdiocese of Onitsha, AnambraONITSHA – The Catholic Archdiocese of Onitsha, Anambra, has said that the Church has no hand in the demolition of an Anglican worship centre in the state.

Two weeks ago unknown persons demolished Ebenezer Anglican Church situated at Oyolu-Oze Village in Nkwelle-Ezunaka Community in Oyi Local Government Area.

The Director of Communications in Onitsha Archdiocese, Rev. Fr. Pius Ukor, told NAN on Sunday that the Church very civil and diplomatic in its deals and would not involve or associate itself on such an unholy act.

“We as a church condemn such act in its totality.

“We cannot be part of destroying holy property or any place of worship; and we cannot encourage any of our members do such act.

“The Catholic Church, especially the Onitsha Archdiocese, has continued to treat any case it has with civility and diplomacy knowing that as a Church we need to show the light,’’ Ukor said.

Meanwhile, the President- of the Nkwelle-Ezunaka Community, Dr Chris Eluemunoh, said that the incident had nothing do with the Catholic Church.
[eap_ad_2]
Eluemunoh said that the Church could not have connived with unknown persons to perpetrate such act.

“I am not a Catholic.

“I am a Pentecostal worshiper and could, therefore, not have done any such act or colluded with anybody or organisation for that matter to destroy a holy place such as a worship centre.

“It is, therefore, unfounded and malicious lies against me and the Catholic Church,’’ he said.

On last week Anglican faithful embarked on peaceful demonstration in Onitsha, and alleged that the state government and Catholic Church have a hand in the unholy incident. (NAN)[eap_ad_3]