Convoy Attack: Gov. Zulum meets families of fallen policemen




Whatsapp News

By Yakubu Uba

Maiduguri -.  Gov. Babagana Zulum of has met with of policemen and members of Civilian Joint Task ( CJTF) killed by insurgents an .

The News Agency of (NAN) reports that several security personnel were killed with some injured when the governor’s backup convoy attacked along Baga – Monguno road.

A by the Special Adviser, Media and Strategy, Malam Isa Gusau, said Zulum had Monday met with the bereaved family of fallen policemen at the police headquarters Maiduguri where he promised to assist the affected .

Zulum said he purposely there to sympathise and condole with brothers, sisters and the of the deceased policemen.

“It is very unfortunate that the incident happened. May Almighty God infinite mercy forgive and reward them for their sacrifices and may God grant you the strength to bear the fortitude of this huge loss that is for all of .

“It is so sad, looking at what happened. It is quite unfortunate and I am pained by that incident.

“However, those men died as heroes, as patriots and as that have brought honour to their families even though we never wished that it happened.

“Insha’ Allah, we shall do everything possible to support the families. The education of their children is very important in addition to the support for their means of livelihood.

“I to once again sympathise with the families behalf of the grateful of State.

“I condole with the Borno state police command, the CP, the Inspector General of Police, the and entire Nigerians the sad moment,” Zulum quoted as saying.

The governor was also at the state specialist hospital in Maiduguri where he consoled with those injured in the incident.

While at the hospital, the Medical Director, Dr. Laraba Bello said that eight injured persons were brought to the hospital on Sunday, made up of a policeman and seven CJTF members, and so far five had been treated and discharged while the remaining three were responding to treatment.

(NAN)