#DefendLagos campaigners withdraw from Lekki counter protest




Whatsapp News

Campaigners for #DefendLagos protest have backed of the Lekki toll gate counter-protest.

The campaigners urged security operatives to arrest #OccupyLekkiTollgate protesters.

The had earlier that the group — #DefendLagos — was formed as a counter against the #OccupyLekkiTollGate protest on Saturday.

The head of the #DefendLagos campaign, Alabi Oladimeji, announced the suspension of the protests.

Reacting, Oladimeji said #DefendLagos would organise a “huge” protest if the security operatives allowed the #OccupyLekkiTollgate demonstrators to hold their planned protest.


“No protest from #DefendLagos on Saturday (today). We are simultaneously respecting the state and federal governments,” he said.

am proud to announce that for the meantime, we will be pending this protest due to the law of the Federal and state governments. We are law-abiding and good we should not be the ones seen disobeying any law.”

“In respect of the President, Muhammadu Buhari, and Lagos Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu. am now announcing that anyone involved in #DefendLagos initiated by me should immediate effect pend the protest. We are not going to hold any protest again on Saturday (today).”

“If Lagos and FG fail us, we will come huge and protest on Monday.”

The