Dream Team VI to resume camp May 25, team official says




Whatsapp News

Abuja – Timi Ebikagboro, the Media Officer of Nigeria’s under-23 male , on Monday in Abuja said the team’s players would resume on May 25.

The Media Officer said the Dream Team VI would be resuming ahead of the qualifiers for the Men’s Football Tournament of the 2016 Olympic Games scheduled for Rio in Brazil.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the team had been on break since April 17, after securing a spot at the 2015 All-Africa Games (AAG) scheduled for Congo-Brazzaville.

Ebikagboro said players would be selected for camping based on merit, while the overseas-based ones would be invited to reinforce the team if the need arose.
[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”70560″]

“Players who have not measured up will be dropped for those who can add value to the team.

“In addition to that the coach (Samson Siasia) intends to have a look at some overseas-based professional players to observe those who can bolster the squad,’’ he said.

The team official however said the players not see their qualification for the AAG as the ultimate.

“They should rather see it as an awakening call, to work harder and qualify for the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro,” he said.

NAN recalls that Nigeria failed to qualify for either of the men and women events of the 10th AAG in Maputo, Mozambique in 2011.

Its teams also failed to qualify for the 2012 Olympics in London.(NAN)