FG Faults CNN Report On Lekki Shootings, Threatens To Take Action




Whatsapp News

The government of Nigeria has faulted the CNN report on the Lekki shootings.

According The PUNCH, the Federal Government threatened sanction the foreign outlet, CNN, over its report on the alleged shooting of #EndSARS protesters by soldiers at the Lekki toll plaza on October 20, 2020.

The government described the report by the foreign news medium as “irresponsible ”.

Minister of and Culture, , made this known at a press conference in Abuja today conveyed address lingering regarding the #EndSARS protests for reform that rocked the last month.

He described the event of October 20, 2020 as a “massacre without bodies”, insisting that not a single body has been produced or a single family has come claim their family member was at the Lekki tollgate.

The minister alleged that CNN relied on social video without verification to produce its report. “This should earn CNN a serious sanction for irresponsible reporting,” Mohammed said.

He also said the government stands by last Saturday’s testimony of the Commander of 81 Military Intelligence Brigade, Victoria Island, Lagos, Brig. Gen. Ahmed Taiwo, who told the Judicial Panel of Inquiry instituted by the Lagos Government that blank bullets were fired at the toll gate.

He advised persons with evidence on the Lekki shootings to give its testimony before the panel.

He also said some “unscrupulous persons” including celebrities circulated fake news on the social that aggravated the violence that trailed the two-week demonstration.

Details later…

Source