Abuja – Peter Dedevbo, the national under-20 female football team’s coach, says the team will resume camping on Sunday ahead of their next game in the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup qualifiers.
Dedevbo told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Monday that 30 players have already been invited to camp for the game against DR Congo.
NAN reports that the team had gone on break after thrashing Liberia 14-1 on aggregate in the first round of the qualifiers in July.
The 2014 competition runners-up will face DR Congo in the second round in September.
“We will resume camping in Abuja on Aug. 23 ahead of the game. Congo will be hosting us in the second week of September.
“The team is going to do everything necessary to ensure that we win the fixture by the grace of God.
“I cannot really say so much now, until we begin camping,’’ Dedevbo said.
NAN reports that the winners of this fixture will clash with the winners of the fixture between Zambia and South Africa.
NAN also reports that Africa’s top two teams will qualify for the eighth edition of the 2016 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup in Papua New Guinea.
Falconets were runners-up behind champions Germany at the seventh edition of the tournament in Canada last year.(NAN)