Fire in Polish hospice kills 4 people

Whatapp News

Warsaw – Four people were and 22 injured in a fire in a hospice in Poland on Monday.

The news agency PAP said that the fire broke out in the home in Chojnice in Pomerania, western Poland, around 3 am (0200 GMT), a for the fire brigade said.

The fire has now been extinguished. Among the 22 injured, who were taken to hospital, is a policeman who suffered smoke poisoning during the rescue operation.

According to initial findings the fire had broken out in one of the hospice’s rooms and was caused by a ’s cigarette, a spokesman told TV broadcaster TVN24.