Govt behind attack on Akintoye’s son’s house, group alleges

Whatsapp News

One leading Yoruba groups, Ilana Omo Oodua, has alleged government was behind on residence Emeritus Professor Banji Akintoye’s son.

The group also claimed the gunmen attacked the don’s daughter-in-law at her residence in Agbor, Delta State, last Saturday.

The group made the allegations in a statement on Saturday by its Media and Communications Secretary, Maxwell Adeleye.

Akintoye, who is at the forefront the Yoruba struggle, is the leader Ilana Omo Oodua, which is the umbrella body for all Yoruba groups.

Ilana Omo Oodua also accused government agents being responsible for the burning down the don’s son’s house and claimed government agents had started attacking Akintoye’s relations.

The group said the attacks were a calculated attempt to intimidate Akintoye so that he could the struggle for Yoruba self-determination.

The statement read, “We are alerting all Yoruba people within and beyond the horizon of Nigeria that the agents of the Nigerian government have started a satanic move to oppress leader, Emeritus Professor Banji Akintoye, out of the struggle of the Yoruba people for self-determination.

Yoruba people will challenge FG’s position on Amotekun – Prof Akintoye
“It started some weeks ago, but we ignored the threat in order to cause tension and panic in a territory already enveloped by tension. But we are forced to speak out because these satanic agents have intensified their efforts.

“To say it succinctly because we won’t be going into details and we won’t be mentioning names for security reasons, the wife of the son of leader was attacked in her residence at Agbor, Delta State a week ago.

“She escaped being assassinated because of the vigilance of her neighbours who raised the alarm. Three guns were pointed at her, as the men of the underworld queried her for on the Yoruba’s struggle for liberation. She was traumatised, harassed and intimidated, but the courageous refused to buckle.”

Ilana Omo Oodua further alleged that the “government agents returned to the three days later and exterminated everything found there.”