FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer – WASH
Job ID: 18765
Location: Banki, Borno
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
- The ATO-WASH will provide technical and programmatic support in one of the three field sites. Under the supervision of the WASH Coordinator, he/she Engineer will supervise contracts to provide upgrades to water systems, latrines, showers and water points.
- Other responsibilities will include conducting water quality testing for all water points rehabilitated under the program and working with Community Volunteers and latrine users to develop cleaning and maintenance schedules for latrines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day to day operational and programmatic support to all WASH activities.
- Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Build capacity of Community Volunteers (CHWs) through trainings and hygiene promotion.
- Oversee all activities related to WASH activities at field site.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Engineering with 1 to 3 years’ relevant experience in WASH with a sound understanding of hygiene in humanitarian relief settings.
- Possession of an or post graduate degree in a WASH/Engineering is required.
- Familiarity with Humanitarian NGOs.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online