HAJJ: BOARD ORDERS TEST FOR FEMALE INTENDING PILGRIMS




BOARD ORDERS TEST FOR FEMALE INTENDING PILGRIMSKANO – The Kano State Pilgrims Welfare Board has directed all female intending pilgrims to attend medical and pregnancy tests scheduled to commence on Aug. 11.

The Public Relations Officer of the board, Alhaji Nuhu Badamasi, gave the directive when he spoke to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kano on Friday.

He said all prospective pilgrims were expected to attend the medical screening, while only female pilgrims would undergo the pregnancy test.

Badamasi said the National Hajj Commission (NAHCON) directed all the state pilgrims welfare boards to conduct the medical and pregnancy tests on the intending pilgrims in order to know their individual health status.

“The medical and pregnancy tests are absolutely necessary and compulsory, so any pilgrim who refuses to attend it can lose his or her Hajj seat,’’ he said. [eap_ad_2] He said the exercise, which would be conducted at the Hajj camp, would start with pilgrims from Rano, Bunkure, Kibiya, Kura and Dawakin Kudu Local Government Areas.

“After these local governments, the exercise will continue with pilgrims from other areas until all the pilgrims are covered.

“It is a law that any female intending pilgrim found to be pregnant even at the last point of boarding the plane will not be allowed to go to the Holy land,’’ he said.

On Hajj fares, Badamasi said 90 per cent of the intending pilgrims had paid the balance, pointing out that the remaining 10 per cent must be paid before the end of August. (NAN)[eap_ad_3]

Whatapp News

Telegram News