London police fail to respond to alarm at burgled jewellery vault




Whatsapp News

LONDON – The London Metropolitan on Friday said they were investigating officers that failed to respond to an alarm at a security vault that was burgled on Easter day.

The vault was burgled in Hatton Garden jewellery quarter.

Detective Chief Inspector of Police Paul Johnson told newsmen in London that the central communications command received a call from an alarm- company just after midnight on April 3.

“The alarm is saying a confirmed intruder alarm had been activated at the Hatton Garden Safe Deposit Ltd.

“The call was recorded and transferred to a computer-aided despatch system, where it was graded as requiring no response, the police said.

“We are now investigating why this grade was applied to the call,’’ the police said.

He said that the perpetrators took advantage of the April 3 to April 6 Easter holiday to open about 70 safety deposit boxes in the quarter.

[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”10″]

British media speculated that the could turn to be of the world’s biggest robberies.

They estimated the value of the gold, diamonds, cash and jewellery believed to have been taken at up to 200 million pounds (300 million dollars).

“It is too early to say if the handling of the call would have had an impact on the outcome of the incident.

Johnson said they were alerted only Tuesday, four days after the Easter holiday began.

“There is no sign of forced entry to the outside of the building.

“The thieves have disabled the communal lift on the second floor and then used the lift shaft to climb down into the basement,’’ Johnson said. (dpa/NAN)
you may also like:

SON advocates proper disposal of electrical wastes