INTERSOS, is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: M&E Manager
Location: Maiduguri – Borno State – with frequent travel to other activity sites
Starting date: ASAP
Reporting to: Project Manager
Duration: 12 months
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager is responsible for guiding the monitoring and evaluation strategy and project activities using a developmental evaluation approach.
- The manager core function will be the following:
- Developing monitoring and evaluation systems with the communities
- Reporting on monitoring and evaluation results
- Developing remote monitoring systems
- Ensuring the dissemination of monitoring and evaluation results with the communities, INTERSOS team and supporting development of donors reports
- Keep and/or adapt the monitoring and evaluation methodology with the health and nutrition team and the communities in order to keep improving the development of simple but relevant tools to collect key indicators in the communities.
- Train the monitoring and evaluation team on tools to improve participatory planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop methodologies and tools to help the community, INTERSOS Staff, and MOH using the monitoring and evaluation results to take action together in order to improve health and nutrition (i.e. adequate use of census to take action, use of situation room to take action, etc.)
- Collaborate in creating monitoring and evaluation frameworks and participate in planning and undertaking health surveys, rapid assessments, as well as in the monitoring and evaluation of the health & Nutrition program activities.
- Prepare monitoring and evaluation reports in coordination with statistics to regularly share the results and identify areas to improve.
- Guide staff and members of the community to prepare relevant reports to determine actions to take.
- Analyse monitoring and evaluation reports to assess problems and taking actions to improve.
- Supervise the development of remote monitoring and evaluation systems in coordination with the health and nutrition
- Develop monitoring and evaluation systems for health promoter trainings in coordination with the primary health care team and health promoters.
- Implement and analyse the effectiveness of the remote monitoring and evaluation
- Masters in Public Health (M.P.H)
- Experience with planning and designing public health program
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development and emergency projects
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
- Strong training & facilitation skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English and other local language an advantage
- Ability to work well with others.
- Good working knowledge of computer packages including word processing and database packages
- Ability to work independently and make good decisions with minimum supervision.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player.
- Manages effectively time as well as flexible and available to work over time when needed
- Experience reporting on project results
- Experience with community-based participatory research (CBPR)
Application Closing Date
7th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected] with the “Job Title” clearly indicated in the subject line of the mail
Deliver Application in a seal envelop with the title of the post clearly marked to:
39, Doctor’s Quarters – Old GRA,