University of Melbourne
Deadline: 31 May/31 Oct (annual)
Study in: Australia
Next course starts 2015
The Melbourne International Research Scholarships (MIRS) is awarded to international students wishing to undertake graduate research degree studies at the University of Melbourne.
University of Melbourne, Australia
Field of study:
Any eligible graduate research degree offered at University of Melbourne
Number of Awards:
Benefits provided by the MIRS include living allowance, relocation grant, thesis allowance, and paid sick, maternity and parenting leave. Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is also included.[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”70560″]
To be considered for the MIRS, you must:
• be an international applicant (ie. a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand, and not an Australian permanent resident);
• have completed tertiary studies that are at least equivalent to a 4-year honours degree at an Australian university with a minimum result of first class honours;
• have applied for admission to undertake a master or doctorate by research degree or be currently enrolled in a research degree at the University of Melbourne
• have not already completed a research qualification at the same or higher level as the course for which a scholarship is sought.
Students must complete an Application for Admission to Graduate Research Degree Candidature and Scholarship. The University assesses applications for scholarships on an ongoing basis. As a general rule:
- • applications submitted before 31 October (Round 1) will be finalised by 15 February of the following year, and
- • applications submitted before 31 May (Round 2) will be finalised by 31 July.
It is important to visit the official website to access the application form for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://studenteforms.app.unimelb.edu.au/apex/f?p=153:2:0:::2:P2_ID:361