Verite Microfinance Bank Ltd is duly registered in the Federal Republic of Nigeria by the Corporate Affairs Commission and licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria as a deposit-taking financial institution.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operation Officer
- To effectively manage the Central Cash department and ensure controls of the Bank’s local and foreign cash and draft instruments are consistently adhered to
- Manage and maintain cash limits both at Central Cash and Branches and ensure prompt expatriation of excesses
- Plan and coordinate delivery and collection of cash to and from the Central Bank
- Ensure that foreign cash held is within the set limit
- Verify that vault/reserve cash movement differences are resolved daily
- Supply cash both local and foreign with minimum delay to Branches as per SLA
- Hold in joint custody keys to vault cash compartments
- Ensure accurate and timely processing and reconciliation of General Ledger accounts
- Engage with Partner Banks in cash swaps
- Evaluates daily cash levels and ensures they meet short-term operating needs and long-term project financing requirements
- Transfer funds for customers as per customers instructions in a safe and secure manner by observing due diligence at all times.
- To ensure that customer’ funds transfer instructions are efficiently and promptly executed without delays with a positive impact on customer delight.
- Be very articulate and pay attention to detail while bearing in mind the turnaround time (TAT) for all transfers and processing of customer instructions
- Responsible for all clearing related activities and funds transfer processing
- Ensure customers’ transactions (MCs, Cash Fast) are processed within approved service TAT.
- Ensure maintenance and effective utilization of physical assets and resources (adding machines, workstations, Stamps till boxes etc)
- Ensure customers’ instructions are properly reviewed before processing.
- Ensure all remittances for customers and regulatory agencies are handled within the agreed time-frame
- Account and financial statement preparation.
- Contributes to the safeguarding of corporate assets and the interest of members by ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Conduct investigations of suspected internal fraud.
- Providing general assistance to the audit and business service team.
- Management account preparation.
- Developing strong working relationships with colleagues, clients and relevant authorities.
- Minimum of HND/B.SC in Business, Finance, Accounting and related disciplines.
- He/She must be experienced in funds transfer, internal control and audit, tellership etc.
- Membership of professional bodies such as ICAN, CIBN is an added advantage
- He/she must have worked in financial institution for minimum of 3 years
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values.
- Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively [Both written and verbal] with all level within the organisation.
- Strong analytical capability
- Candidate must have excellent customer service orientation; must be able to pay attention to details;
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a word document version of their CV’s to: email@example.com