Oshiomhole pleads for out-of-court settlement in Ortom’s N10bn suit




Whatsapp News

A former National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Adams Oshiomole, on Tuesday, sought for an out-of- settlement in the N10bn libel instituted against him by Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom.

 

Ortom had filed the against the former APC chairman over comments against him at a press conference on July 27, 2018, where Oshiomhole accused the governor of having a hand in the of two Catholic priests and other parishioners at Mbalom Community, Gwer East Local Government Area on the grounds that one of the priests had preached a “very critical sermon” against him (the governor).

Earlier on the , Oshiomhole had filed six preliminary objections which the resolved all in Ortom’s favour.

However, at the resumption of the case on Tuesday, counsel for Ortom, Samuel Irabor, submitted that he was to call witnesses, but said that Oshiomhole’s counsel, Festus Jumbo had informed him that they have considered putting up a retraction of the publication and it would be within a week.

He said he was applying for another date to take a look at the terms of settlement canvassed by Oshiomhole.

READ ALSO: Opposition, groups kick as Buhari appoint aide INEC

Titus Akhuwa who held the brief of Oshiomhole’s counsel, Festus Jumbo confirmed the submission of Governor Ortom’s lawyer.

 

The Presiding judge, Augustine Ityonyiman of State sitting in Makurdi, after listening to both , adjourned the case to October 29, for a on the out-of-court settlement.

 

Source