Ramallah – Palestine on Thursday warned Israel against the current escalation of tension in the West Bank and condemned the daily killing of Palestinians during raids of towns and villages in the territory.
In a statement, Nabil Abu Rudeineh, the Palestinian presidency spokesman, said Palestine condemned Israeli army’s killing of Palestinian young men.
The killing was done during the daily storming of their homes in towns and villages on the West Bank.
Palestinian Ministry of Health on Thursday said that the Israeli army killed a 17-year-old during a raid on Palestinian homes in the village of Kafr Dan near the northern West Bank city of Jenin.
“Palestine warns Israel against this serious escalation of violence against Palestinians that brings all of us to a crossroad and would lead to further deterioration and instability in the region,’’ Abu Rudeineh said.
According to the ministry of health, around 100 Palestinians have been killed since January.
This included 34 from the area of Jenin in the northern West Bank.
About 20 Israelis had been killed since March, according to Israeli media reports.
He called on the Israeli government “to immediately stop its escalation and daily storming of Palestinian homes and stop the Israeli settlers’ provocations in the West Bank and at Al-Aqsa Mosque in East Jerusalem.’’
“The Palestinian people and their leadership will never accept to keep the situation like this, mainly the daily killing, storming Al-Aqsa Mosque, expanding settlements and other daily crimes committed against the Palestinians,’’ he added.
Meanwhile, Abu Rudeineh said that Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas would address the UN General Assembly on Friday.
He added that the speech “will define the parameters of the next stage, in a manner that protects the interests and rights of the Palestinian people.’’ (Xinhua/NAN)