The Commissioner of Police Borno State Command, CP Bello Makwashi has observed with consternation the deliberate refusal of certain individuals to comply with the curfew law imposed by the state Government at the wake of the insurgency to curtail incidents of deadly attacks on residents and ensure safety of all persons.
- There is also a report of unauthorized use of Borno State Government House number plates (BOGH) and vehicles with tinted glasses by persons with ulterior motives.
- To this end, the Command wishes to remind members of the public that the curfew – which takes effect daily from 10PM to 6AM of the following day – still subsists.
- Those that are illegally using Government House number plates and vehicles with tinted glasses should desist from such acts or face the full wrath of the law.
- The general public must also note that there’s a ban on further sales and purchases of Tricycle (KEKE NAPEP) especially those that are brought in from other States of the Federation.
- Let it be known that the Command will not leave any stone unturned in its effort to enforce all laws and ensure peace and orderliness within the state.
- While wishing the good people of Borno State a Happy and Prosperous New Year, the Commissioner of Police solicits the cooperation of all residents in ensuring that peace and security reign in our dear State.
DSP EDET OKON, ANIPR
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FOR: COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
BORNO STATE COMMAND