By James Gambleton
We all love a list don’t we.
- Universal health care.
- No Earthquakes.
- No volcanoes.
- No extremes of weather.
- No animals that can harm us.
- Strict gun control.
- Great archaeology.
- Real ale.
- Full English Breakfast.
- Cream, teas.
- Greasy spoon Cafes.
- We say sorry a lot.
- Drive on the correct side of the road.
- Driving standards.
- Super professional Armed forces.
- High education standards.
- Mostly unarmed police force.
- Woman in the military fight on the front line.
- We are trying to reduce the gender pay gap.
- The BBC.
- Approachable police officers.
- State pension.
- There is a safety net if I lose my job.
- I get six weeks paid holiday per year.
- I get paid when I am sick.
- Up to a year maternity leave.
- 2 weeks paternity leave.
- We punch above our weight in sport.
- Food hygiene standards.
- We never lose wars.
- We have not been invaded for over a thousand years.
- The best intelligence services.
- Thatched Cottages.
- You are never far away from an airport.
- You are never far away from the seaside.
- Her Majesty Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and of Her other Realms and Territories, Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.
- The Scottish Highlands.
- The Welsh mountains.
- The Lake District.
- I am contracted to work 38 hours per week.
- We are doing our best to reduce climate change.
- We don’t intend to brag.
Now I know that I could have gone on, but I don’t want to falsify answer no50.
I realise that some of the items on the list other countries may do better, but when you add all this up and some of the stuff that I have missed, that is what makes the UK IMHO the greatest country in the world, bar none.
Regarding no7, I know our history is bit controversial, all I am saying is that we have a lot of it, good and bad.
God save the Queen.