Safmarine, a brand under the global containerized division of the Maersk Group, is dedicated on trade to and from emerging markets in Africa and West Central Asia. Founded in 1946 in South Africa, Safmarine has always had strong ties to Africa, its energy, people and vibrant culture. Embracing these roots has established a distinct way of doing business, which still sets us apart from our competition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Executive
- We are looking for a Sales Executive to join the Safmarine team of Maersk Nigeria Limited, to be based in Lagos.
- You will be helping Safmarine brand to explore further business opportunity and continue to strengthen its market presence.
- Deliver agreed volume, revenue and profitability targets in line with the cluster commercial strategy and sales processes
- Develop customer value propositions for all appropriate business opportunities. Strive for consultative sales to distinguish market presence by effectively probing and identifying needs and suggesting solutions to help customers.
- Build a good understanding of target customers and the assigned account base (contact, commodities, trade lanes, type of business, contract information including exceptions and service requirements).
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities in line with Safmarine segmentation strategy and targets
- Build understanding of all service offerings to be able to offer integrated solutions.
- Communicate significant trends, rate changes and policies to assigned accounts.
- Research and understand the territory to identify and establish business contacts with potential customers.
- Understand Customer needs and decision-makers; Define Customer value Proposition in accordance with its Research and analyse competitive and industry trends (e.g. analyse sales statistics, prepare reports, study literature regarding new and existing services and monitor sales, prices and services of competitors); recommend appropriate measures.
Who we are looking for:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of 3 years industry or equivalent sales experience.
- You should possess exceptional drive for results, hunter sales skills with enthusiasm, a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn. We also value great people skills, ambition and integrity.
- You should have excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (both written and oral). In addition, you should have organisational and time management skills including multi-tasking, prioritising, and the ability to plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines.
- You should be highly proficient in Microsoft Office and have a good working knowledge of web-based software and Customer Relationship Management tools such as Salesforce.com.
- An exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business setting characterised by high pace and diversity.
- You will get to focus on creating valuable relations with current and new customers and work with highly-professional teams in an environment where you will be valued, recognised and well-rewarded.
Application Closing Date
28th August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Clcik here to apply online