Security operatives take over Anambra




The joint Task Force JTF has taken over the Anambra State space again as instructed by the State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano on Sunday.

Whatapp NewsTelegram News

The security patrol teams seemed combat ready and were seen moving in every road in Anambra State from Awka to Onitsha and to Nnewi.

They were equally stationed in strategic locations especially government establishments wielding sophisticated guns.

 

Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano, had on Sunday, directed security agencies to rise up to the challenges of reclaiming the State from hoodlums, saying ‘Enough is Enough’

He raised the alarm that hoodlums had planned to invade Anambra on Monday to unleash mayhem, alleging that those destroying things in the State were from neighbouring States.

 

He spoke when the Deputy Inspector General of Police, Celestine Okoye and the Assistant Inspector General of Police in charge of zone -13 Ukpo, Danmallam Mohammed paid him a visit at Aguleri, Anambra East local government area of the State

 

However, the fear of confronting the battle ready JTF operatives enveloped IPOB Monday, which led to the cancellation of its planned ‘operation clean up Anambra’

The cancellation was done by the leader of the proscribed group, Nnamdi Kanu and made available to reporters in Awka by the groups spokesman, Emma Powerful

He said the call off was owing to the fact that Anambra Command of IPOB had already cleaned-up the mess caused by the miscreants that held the state hostage for the past one week.

“Residents of Nnewi and Onitsha are asked to go about their businesses while waiting for further directives from the Supreme leader.”

“We are also disassociating ourselves from the faceless viral video threatening to attack prisons in Anambra State.

“It is cowardly, we do not hide our faces while making our statement, we are fearless. We are not in support of such cowardly statement,” IPOB said.

The Nation

Spread the love



Whatapp News

Telegram News