Home News Teenager electrocuted in Kano

Teenager electrocuted in Kano


KANO – A 13-year-old boy, Bashir Auwalu, was on Sunday electrocuted at Na’ibawa Tsakia quarters in Kano metropolis.
The father of the victim, Auwalu Kwaram, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kano on Monday that the incident happened at 5.30 a.m.
Kwaram said the victim stepped on a live cord in front of a house while urinating.
He said he found the body of the deceased when returning from a nearby Mosque after the early morning Muslim prayer.
Commenting on the incident, the Assistant General Manager, Public Affairs, Kano Electricity Distribution Company (KEDCO), Alhaji Mukhtar Baffa, described the incident as unfortunate.
Baffa said the development “might not be unconnected with illegal connection”.
He said the company had embarked on massive awareness campaign on the dangers associated with illegal connection.
According to him, the illegal practice constituted danger to lives and was disrupting power supply.
The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the state, ASP Magaji Majiya, said the incident had not been reported to the command.
“The incident has yet to be reported to the command; we will commence investigation as soon as it is reported to us.

[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”10″]
“This is with a view to finding out the cause of the incident and to take appropriate measures to forestall re-occurrence,” he said. (NAN).

Previous article10 killed, 4 injured in scaffold collapse in Beijing
Next articleJapan culls 42,000 chickens over bird flu

Leave a Reply