By Chibuike Nwabuko
Abuja (Sundiata Post) – The workers of the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) have protested the sack of one of their Managing Directors who used his position to improve their welfare and gave the agency a face-lift three months after his appointment into office.
In the video, posted by Senator Shehu Sani via his X handle @ShehuSani, some of the workers were seen shedding tears, others were praying for him not to go that they are ready to match to the Minister to tell him to spare him for them for the good job he has done within a short period.
Shehu Sani via X said: “The FCT Minister sacked the Heads of Agencies but this particular one as shown by this clip worked harmoniously with his staff.”
Sundiata Post recalls that the FCT Minister, Barr Nyesom Wike on Thursday 27th September, 2023, sacked heads of 21 parastatals, agencies and government companies of the FCTA with immediate effect.
Wike directed the affected heads to hand over the affairs of their offices to the most senior officers in rank, adding that new appointments into the offices will be made in due course.
The parastatals, agencies and government companies of the FCTA affected are:
- Group MD/CEO, Abuja investment Company Ltd
- CEO/MD, Abuja Markets Management Ltd
- MD/CEO, Abuja Urban Mass Transport Company.
- CEO/MD, Abuja Property Development Company
- CEO/MD Abuja Technology Village Free Trade Zone Company
- CEO/MD Abuja Film Village International
- CEO/MD Powernoth AICL Equipment Leasing Company Ltd.
- MD Abuja Broadcasting Corporation
- MD, Abuja Enterprise Agency
- GM, FCT Water Board
- DG, FCT Emergency Management Agency
- Executive Secretary, FCT Primary Healthcare Board
- Director General, Hospital Management Board
- Director, Abuja Environmental Protection Board
- Director, FCT Scholarship Board
- Director FCT Christian Pilgrims Welfare Board
- Director, Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board
- Coordinator, Abuja Infrastructure Investment Center
- Director, FCT Health Insurance Scheme
- Coordinator, Satellite Towns Development Department
- Coordinator, Abuja Metropolitan Management Council