GUO Transport Company Limited is a division of G. U. Okeke & Sons Ltd. A household name in the transportation industry and one of the largest provider of intercity and interstate transportation, serving more than 200 destinations across Nigeria and West Africa with a modern, environmentally friendly fleet.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Automobile Workshop Maintenance Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Fluency in Igbo language is an added advantage.
- This person should be responsible for supervising the maintenance parts and repair operation of the bus fleet and other vehicles so that the fleet will be kept in a state of operating excellence and vehicles present no problems or interruptions to the driver’s transportation programs.
- Fleet operations and repairs shall meet and be in compliance with all our regulations and policies.
- Must be familiar with repair parts procurement, inventory control procedures and requirements, and conduct in-service training. Must possess the ability to supervise and evaluate employees and delegate work assignments.
- Directs the daily operations of the automotive maintenance shop in the overhaul and repair of the vehicles.
- Coordinates automotive maintenance services, and makes maintenance decisions concerning all motor vehicles in the fleet.
- Schedules mechanics and staff, assigns work, and supervises staff at the garage sites.
- Inspects the work of automotive mechanics and evaluates mechanic and helper performance through personal quality control checks.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all vehicles and equipments in the workshop.
- Implements and monitors a preventative maintenance program to assure cost effective maintenance and a scheduled maintenance program to provide maintenance by manufacturers specifications.
- Maintains a complete inventory system through recording of all expenditures and income of each vehicle, maintenance equipment, fuel, repair parts, supplies, etc.
- Implements and maintains a mechanic training program to provide needed technical skills for mechanics in repair of automobiles and heavy equipment.
- Enforces safety practices and procedures and ensures employees receive appropriate safety training.
- Welds, replaces parts, repairs parts, repairs electrical systems, diagnoses vehicles for minor body and fender work, performs tune ups and engine overhauls, troubleshoots problems when needed.
- Examines reports for accuracy on each vehicle and piece of equipment repaired; writes reports on vehicles and equipment repaired. Makes monthly report to the Managing Director on all vehicles inspections.
- Keeps maintenance and repair records; performs preventive maintenance on all departmental vehicles; orders repair parts.
- Checks all repair work performed in shop for completeness. This includes physical inspections and road tests before vehicle is turned back to drivers.
- Promotes high standards of safety and good housekeeping methods in the operation of the automotive maintenance shop.
- Identifies training requirements for automotive mechanics and prepares and conducts appropriate in-service training.
- Develops and implements an efficient and effective system for inspections, routine automotive and preventive maintenance services for all buses and vehicles in accordance with standard practice and company’s guidelines.
- Maintains a Quick Fix capability.
- Recommends; implements; and evaluates new automotive products and maintenance procedures.
- Maintains and monitors an annual given workshop budget.
- Audits work orders and maintains both electronic and hard copy records on automotive maintenance and operation expenses in order to evaluate operating costs.
- Oversees an inventory control system, maintains accountability for parts and equipment, and the requisitioning of parts and supplies, including waste management.
- Assists the Director in preparing specifications for the purchase of new and replacement equipment.
- Monitors warranties to ensure that parts and equipment under warranty are serviced as required.
- Prepares automotive maintenance reports as assigned.
- Supports department initiatives such as the job fair, recognition celebration and maintaining mechanic on call program.
- Assists with preparing annual company report.
- Use of internal specialized software to manage and track supply chain activity.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Performs related duties as required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online