A frontline critic of President Muhammadu Buhari administration, Reno Omokri, has lampooned the Minister of Information and culture, Lai Mohammed and the governor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-Rufai for allegedly spearheading the circulation of a report which claimed that former President Goodluck Jonathan rejected British government’s offer to help rescue abducted Chibok girls.
This comes as the British High Commission in Abuja, while addressing the media, dismissed the reports as ‘false’.
Omokri, who took to his Facebook page to comment on the issue of the Chibok girls’ rescue, also chided the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) for devoting time to promote the propaganda.
He said both Lai Mohammed and El-rufai had been silent since the rumour against Jonathan were debunked
Omokri said: “Can Lai Mohammed and Nasir El-Rufai now bury their heads in shame as the British Government has debunked the lie that Goodluck Jonathan rejected their offer to rescue Chibok Girls?
“Lai released a lying statement against Jonathan accusing him; while Elrufai, a man who cannot rescue his own citizens of Southern Kaduna and whom Olusegun Obasanjo described as a “pathological” liar with a “penchant” for character assassination (in his book My Watch) was circulating the lie on Social Media.
“NTA news at 9 PM on Monday the 6th of March, 2017, was devoted to promoting this lie rather than to inform Nigerians of the good work that Acting President Osinbajo is doing.
“But now that the truth is out there is total silence from both guys. I know these people very well. Please do not doubt me when I say lying is their main occupation!”