The World Bank is supporting the Government of Nigeria and the Oyo State Government to prepare the Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP) that aims at developing a long term flood risk management frame work by initiating risk assessment, community awareness and providing enough flexibility in the project design to make changes based on learning.
In furtherance of the implementation of the lbadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP), applications are welcome from suitably qualified applicants to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Contract Management Expert
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Project also supports capacity building for flood risk management in the city of Ibadan. It reinforces Oyo State Government’s early warning and response capabilities and leverages existing World Bank projects in Oyo State in support of the IUFMP.
- The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to “improve the capacity of Oyo State to manage flood risk and to respond effectively and promptly to lloodin5 in the city of Ibadan. Specifically, the Bank’s support will finance sonic priority investments related to improving the infrastructure of lbadan City, especially those destroyed by August 26, 2011 floods.
- The Banks support will help Ibadan reduce flood risks, improve waste collection and treatment, while developing and improving the quality of existing in infrastructural assets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Contract management expert will assist to fast track the activities relating to Civil Engineering works of the project in addition , other duties include:
- Carrying out the engineering assignment in accordance with the highest standard of professional and ethical standards and codes of practices.
- Participating and providing technical support that are aimed at reviewing the status of the project as regards to Hydraulic and infrastructural activities
- Assist in carrying out all technical activities according to the project programme of work and in line with World Bank procurement procedures by:
- Reviewing of Bidding Tender documents.
- Evaluating of bidding documents and reports
- Participating in contract finalization discussion
- Provide support in Contract Management
- Undertake any other additional risk or responsibility that may be assigned by the project coordinator for the achievement of overall project objectives.
- Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Contract Management Expert will work closely with the Project Technical Team. Procurement and Safeguards Teatris, Undertake any other additional task or responsibility as indicated in the Terms of Reference and those that may be assigned by the Project Coordinator for the achievement of the overall project objectives.
Qualifications/Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required
The minimum qualification and experience of the Civil Engineer are:
- Must possess a minimum of (B.Sc/B. Eng.) in Civil Engineering, Water Resources Engineering and Hydraulics.
- Post Graduate Degree in the above areas will be an added advantage.
- Must be a member of relevant Professional Bodty
- Must possess at least 10 years’ experience in design and or supervision and quality assurance of major infrastructure works such as Dams, and other flood control management
- Proven experience in Contract Management, particularly FIDIC contracts,
- Previous experience in Hydrology and Hydraulic works.
- Previous experience in the design, implementation and supervision of Hydraulic structures.
- Possess Local and International knowledge of the assignment.
- Excellent knowledge of English language, written and spoken.
- Computer proficiency (Satellite based Mapping Software WatercAD, Pond cale, HEC-RAS, Windows. MIS Excel etc.
- Being able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of project preparation appraisals and production of working drawings.
Duration of the Consultancy and Estimated Budget
The contract management expert will be engaged to provide supportive services to the project technical unit for the duration of 12 months with the possibility of renewal based on satisfactory performance and justified demand.
This shall include the professional fees and other reimbursable expenses. Payment shall be based on 12 months equal instalment duration of consultancy contact.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to include Curriculum Vitae and Photocopies of credentials (Signed and Sealed) with valid email address and phone numbers which should be addressed and delivered to:
The Project Coordinator,
Project Implementation Unit,
Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project,
2nd Floor, Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs Building,
State Government Secretariat,
Agodi – Ibadan,
Email: [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.