Death toll rises to 69 in China’s rain-ravaged Henan




Whatsapp News

The death toll from torrential rain in central China’s Henan Province has risen to 69, local authorities said on Monday.

The authorities said more than 12.9 million people had been affected by the latest round of downpours, and the flood situation remained severe.

According to the Information Office of the Provincial Government, at a news conference, a total of 933,800 residents in Henan had been relocated to safer places while 972,000 hectares of crops had been damaged.

(Xinhua/NAN)