ATIKU DID NOT LOSE TODAY. HE LOST THE DAY HE WORKED AGAINST GEJ…
- In 2015, Atiku was 68, going to 69.
- He wanted to be President but could not stand Jonathan going for second term which would mean he had to wait till 2019 when he would be 72 going to 73.
- He teamed up with Buhari to defeat Jonathan thinking that the old fox would do one term and “handed” over to him.
- He even donated billions to his campaign.
- By 2016, presidential enforcers had made it known Buhari would go for second term.
- Atiku went back to PDP but the party’s major financier and enforcer, Nyesom Wike, never supported him. He preferred Tambuwal. Someone he felt he, and other governors, could control.
- Of all major political forces (names withheld) who could support him, only Obasanjo was forthcoming. Many of them wanted their oil licences renewed and the renewal fell on the eve of Presidential elections. Buhari used that against them and they mellowed down.
- Now, by 2023, Atiku would be 76 going to 77. Will Nigerians want another old man? Will sentiment and political expediency support presidency remaining in the North?
Atiku did not lose today.
He lost the day he, Saraki, Melaye, Tambuwal, Lamido and co worked against Jonathan.
In his private moment, he would take stock.
I am afraid, he may never make the Presidency in his lifetime…